Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She Was Not Having It

by Savannah

Don't even ask what the hell I was doing up at 6a Eastern time watching a grainy webcam broadcast on a live stream. All I know is that when I tuned into the Serena Williams vs Caroline Wozniacki match it was 5-5 in the third. Caroline had won the first set in a tiebreak. Serena won the second set 6-3. Caroline held her serve to go up 6-5 and it looked as if she'd serve out the match.

But Serena wasn't having it. Serena broke Caro to force the third set tie break and that was all she wrote. Serena won the tiebreak 7-3.

Elena Dementieva may be steamrolling the women she's playing right now but Serena is ready for Melbourne. Some will say Caroline choked but I don't think she did. She was beaten by a better player this morning and has no reason to hang her head. She played great from what I saw. Best WTA match I've seen in quite some time. If I don't remember to include this match in my best of 2009 please call me on it.

I cannot wait to see the draw for Melbourne. And thanks to the guy who put up the livestream so that other tennisheads like me could see the match.

I'm going to bed now. I'll add the pictures later today.

No comments: