Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby on Board

by Savannah

Man go to the hair dresser and big news is announced. I'm very happy for Roger and Miroslava and as I do with any expectant couple I wish them a healthy and happy baby.

There were a lot of pretty vicious attacks against Mirka yesterday by some tennis journalists. I don't think it's an accident that this announcement was made today on Roger's website and not at his news conference. If she's due in the summer - any time after mid June or so - she's probably started to show.

I've always felt that wives, husbands, parents and children were exempt from press scrutiny unless they've inserted themselves into their loved one's lives in a way that can harm him or her. Mirka has done nothing publicly to embarrass her man except in the eyes of some beholders who may have hidden agendas of their own.

But enough of that. Congratulations to Roger and Mirka!

No comments: