Saturday, August 4, 2012

The 2012 Olympic Men's Final

by Savannah

It occurred to me that I may have been a tad dismissive of the results of yesterday's men's semi finals so I thought I'd talk about what I think instead of what I saw, since all I've seen is a dejected Juan Martin del Potro walking to the net and a triumphant Andy Murray.

I went to a dress rehearsal of the Mostly Mozart orchestra at Lincoln Center. It was supposed to start at 10:15a but musicians being musicians it started about 10:30a or thereabouts. I think everyone had arrived by then. (Insert rolling eyes smiley face here).

Since we were seated at about 9:45a I had time to follow the live scoreboard. There was no video inside Avery Fisher Hall. (Boo Hiss). When I saw The Monogram go up a break and knew the match was over. All Delpo achieved was extending the match to 4+ hours. Will that effect the Monogram? If the Final had been played today I'd say he had a snowballs chance in hell but the final is being played on Sunday. It takes about 24 hours for the lactic acid to leave an athlete's system allowing his/her muscles to get back up to full strength.

I didn't really see what Murray did to win his match - when I got out of the rehearsal the match was over.

The one thing I've never denied is that I'm a fan girl. That means I don't have a dog in this fight. That's where the "whatevs" comes from.

I'm hoping for a competitive match. Does that sound better than "whatevs"? I hope so.

No comments: