Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Idle Chit Chat

by Savannah
Photobucket

Nadia Petrova cops a plea when it comes to her questionable on court attire. Thanks to this blogpost you can almost hear her frustration.

Q. Recently you’ve made some pretty bold fash­ion choices on court. How much input…

A. Oh my god. That has noth­ing to do with me. Those are not my choices.

Q. That’s what I was won­der­ing, how much input do you have in your outfits?

A. This is what Ellesse sends me.

Q. So you don’t say, ‘this is what I want,’ you don’t meet with them? They just send them to you?

A. I don’t have a say. Um, I did actu­ally pro­vide them with some of my sketches because I know what really flat­ters my physique, my figure.

Q. Do you think they’ll take them into account?

A. Well they haven’t done it yet…and actu­ally this is my last year with them. So I don’t see why they would com­pro­mise. They do what they think are sell­ing in Japan and they are just send­ing it to me.

Photobucket

From the "I'm picking up my toys and going home" files comes this from Fernando Verdasco.
"Rafa comes back to play the Godó, and there was a person; I don't know if it's good or not to say his name, who did not seem to have much interest in me playing"
He's talking about Barcelona and why he has opted to play Estoril instead. Barca is a 500 event. Estoril is a 250 event.
In it's defense the tournament has said it's holding a Wild Card for Verdasco who is the defending champion. Rumor is the player(s) Verdasco feels the tournament is catering to are Robin Soderling and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. The entire article in El Pais is HERE

No comments: